Beauty in the Little Things.

Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Yesterday I posted this pretty flower on Instagram.

beauty in the little things. #GodsCreation #NoFilterNeeded by @gardeniarose via Instagram

I was going on a run in a residential area near my work and I saw this and just had stop and appreciate it for all its beauty. So small but yet so beautiful. The way the light accentuates the colors of the petals, it didn't need a filter. It was gorgeous all on its own. This flower reminded me to appreciate the little things. To always be grateful.

Last week I was in such a mental rut. My brain was just wired for negativity and it wasn't helping me be the best version I can be. I only worked out twice (which is not a lot) and was not eating healthy (which may have contributed to my negativity. ugh, the vicious cycle). I was just in a bad place.

Over the weekend, when I was alone, I had a huge breakdown. Monumental. I'll spare you the details because I can't even talk about how bad it really was. Let's just say... I didn't cry. I wailed. Yeah, that horrible.

Zo knew something was wrong and when I was ready to tell him, I told him everything that bothered me. And he listened. I love that about him. He listens and remembers. He's there for me to help me through my vulnerable moments. 

After that, he went the extra mile to make and keep me happy, which was really sweet. This is why I tell him over and over that he's the best and that I love him so much. He does little things like bringing home things I'm craving when I tweet it just to make me smile.

Last night, I wasn't feeling well and I woke up at 3am and couldn't fall back asleep. He sensed I was uneasy and sleepingly turned to me and just cuddled me in his arms so I could fall back asleep. It took me 30 minutes or so, but he just kept rubbing my back (like a baby I know lol) until I was out. See... the little things.

So find beauty in the little things. Even if your day sucks, there's still beauty all around you. It's up to you to discover them. It's up to you to see it that way.


Gaining a positive perspective,
-Gardenia Rose

You Might Also Like

0 comments