Throwback Thursday: "You're the best."

Thursday, February 12, 2015

I wrote this four years ago. We were six months into dating, two months being officially boyfriend and girlfriend, and madly crazy in love. I told him all the time, "you're the best." (and I still do!) Before I was ready to tell him those three intense words (you know which ones), that was my three-worded phrase of affection.

you're the best. 
i know i tell you this a lot… but i mean it.
you take care of me when i’m sick. you like the crazy me, the weird me, and even the vulnerable me. you remember the things even i don’t. you actually listen. you don’t care what other people think. you understand the things i have to do. you make me do my homework even if i don’t want to. you call me to tell me you miss me. you make sure i follow through with doctor’s appointments. you tell me that everything is going to be okay. you drive for me. you cook when i’m lazy. you let me sleep in your arms when i’m tired. you stay up with me just so i can finish homework. you give me massages. you let me vent and say things i can’t say to anyone else, and you don’t get crazy or judge me for it. you don’t get mad when i fall asleep on you when we’re watching a movie. you call just to say hi and tell me how much you care…
…and of course the list can go on.
honestly, i didn’t expect this. at all. i thought it would be some end of summer thing that was just gonna be fun because i was in the happy-go-lucky moment. but it’s almost spring now, and you’re still here. you’re still the same sweet guy that fearlessly put his arm around me, even if i rejected it a few times. i’m so glad i caved in and listen to my heart.

to the cookies and cream of my life… 
you’re amazing.
and baby, you da best. ;)

...and he still is. From the little things like filling up my gas tank, to the big things like holding me when I cry. He's the absolute best. I'm so blessed we found each other at an early age and God has blessed us with more time to spend forever together. I could not picture life without him. He's amazing.

Forever in love.
-Gardenia Rose

t o   b e   c o n t i n u e d ...


Lorenzo & I on May 2011.

You Might Also Like

0 comments