Halloween Update! (with makeup details)

Tuesday, November 01, 2016





Whoa. Was I really gone for a month? I hate when that happens. That's okay though, because it's NOVEMBER and it's gonna be fun month! (woot woot!) But before we get into that, I just wanted to update you guys on what a fun Halloween it was! It was the best Halloween in awhile. My husband doesn't really like to dress up (womp), so this year I channeled all those couples costume vibes to match with my pup. Though I absolutely FAILED to get a picture of the both of us, we managed to get our selfies on the day we celebrated!

Here's my little pirate complete with his awesome ship!
He was such a trooper in this outfit! I had to cut a small hole so his harness could go through. The outfit came with a hat, but he HATED that thing, so we we just had to go with just the pirate standing outfit on its own. A booth setting up for our church event had a pirate ship ring toss so you already know I had to seize the oppotunity and have him pose in front of it! He was such a good boy the whole night. He loves being around kids, so getting pet by them was pretty much heaven.

And here's a quick selfie I took in the car to channel my inner Jack Sparrow.
A photo posted by Gardenia Rose (@gardeniarose) on

Makeup Deets! I don't know if anyone would really be interested in this, but here's what I used, I'll link you all to the goods!

Face: I mixed the L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation in Natural Beige and the Maybelline Fit Me Matte & Poreless Foundation in Sun Beige to start off.
Highlight & Contour: I went IN on the contour and actually did contour my nose too. I used the contour color on the Master Contour Face Contouring Kit from Maybelline in Medium to Deep for my cheeks, forehead, jawline, and chin. For my nose, I used the ColourPop Cosmetics Sculpting Stix in Point Dume. For highlight, I used Dream Catcher from ColourPop Cosmetics (It's no longer in stock. Sad day.) and for blush, I used Bardot from ColourPop as well.
Eyes: For the beauty eye, I used a mix of Paradox from ColourPop Cosmetics, some shades in the 35O Palette from Morphe, and Blackout from the Naked2 Palette from Urban Decay. For eyeliner, I used the Tarteist Clay Paint Liner in Black. It's perfect for really thing lines and a one swoop cat eye. (On a good, non-shaky day of course.)
Eye patch: I used this tutorial to guide me on how to do the eye patch, but I used the Mary Kay gel eyeliner to outline and shade in the entire eye patch.
Lips: I looked up black ombre lips on Pinterest and I was like YES! Instead of being extra, I just used NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Alien to start and lined the outside. I let it dry halfway then swiped the ColourPop Cosmetics Lippie Stix in Chateau across my lips for a quick finish.

Hope this helps someone... or just helps you think I'm really intense about makeup. lol. 

Anyway, Simba and I attend our church's Light the Night event and I honestly had so much fun! We had booths where the kids can play games and get candy, we had group games, a costume contest and our kid's team played a couple jams (which my little sister-in-law is now a part of!) and that was pretty cool.

Hope everyone had a fun & safe Halloween!

-Gardenia Rose





You Might Also Like

0 comments