5 Things I'm Currently Happy About.

Monday, March 02, 2015

In my effort to start the month on a positive note, I wanted to list the things I'm happy about right now. I need to take a step back and be thankful for the life I have. Hopefully this list will help me regain a positive perspective, because I don't have much of it as of the moment.

Number One: Being Married to My Husband. He's literally the best. I know you guys are probably tired of hearing it by now, but he honestly is. He listens to me and is there for me in every way that he can be. We're so different and yet he takes the time to understand (or at least try) and I love him so much for that. I can blatantly tell him anything and he won't judge or demean me for it. They say that the best kind of marriage is when you marry your best friend. And well, I did. 

Number Two: My Relationship with My Sister. This girl. She's beautiful and smart and amazing. We're seven years apart so we weren't always this close. We use to share a room and hardly talk to each other. Now that we're both grown up and married, we can relate to each other more. I'm happy that now we can talk to each other about a lot of things that I wouldn't be able to talk to other people about. It kinda sucks that it took her moving to Texas for our relationship to be this close, (thank God for FaceTime) but I guess that's how life works. I'm just glad I have someone to lean on like her. (And if you're reading this and you have siblings, don't wait until they're away to be closer! Family is everything!)

Number Three: My Relationship with My Parents. This year I promised myself I'd spend more time with them. Do more things for them. Be there for them more often. Make more memories. I just want them smiling all the time. I want them happy. I just love spending time with them. So I bake them banana bread every now and then. (the picture below is their excitement because it's heart shaped. I did it for their pre-valentine's day lunch and they really got a kick out of it.) Lately we've been hanging out at my place and binge-watch shows on The Food Network like Chopped and Cutthroat Kitchen. Sometimes I just go over their house after work to hang out. Even if I'm tired, and the drive home will suck, the smiles from their faces are worth it. And that's all I need.

Number Four: My Starbucks. I know I got all heartfelt and super sappy with the first three things, so I had to slip this one in. I really love my coffee. I took a long coffee break and now I'm back at it. My place is literally half a mile away from Starbucks so when I don't wake up in time (or get too lazy) to make my coffee, I just drive through and grab a venti dark roast with coconut milk, which literally makes my morning. You should see my smile at first sip. So yes, I'm happy about my Starbucks, the kind I make at home and the kind I order.

Number Five: My Dog. To say that he drives me nuts would be an understatement. Chewing up everything. Peeing on everything. But when I hold him and he looks up at me with that face, I can't help but be happy. His cuteness momentarily takes the negativity away. When Lorenzo goes on work trips, it's just me and him at the house so he keeps me company. Sometimes when he knows I'm sad, he'll just chill right next to me or he'll let me cuddle him. So I'm happy to have him around, my little furball of mine. 

It might be march madness, but I have to find peace and see the blessing in everything.

Stay positive.
-Gardenia Rose

(Thanks for this, Sam!)

You Might Also Like

0 comments