Life Update: August 2015.

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Where in the world have I been? This is my first post (& hopefully not last, but you never know lol) in August. So what have I been up to?

I celebrated two years of marriage. I know. CRAZY. It's been two years since I've said "I do" and it's been such a ride. When they said your first few years would not be easy, they were SO right. Geling two different people, from different backgrounds and upbringings, to make one decision on everything is difficult. The first year was such an adjustment, but I feel like we're getting better with our communication. We do our best to uncomplicate things for each other and we're doing things that work for us. I really feel blessed to be with Zo and I'm so thankful that we found each other early enough to spend a longer forever. He's so amazing and for him to deal with crazy me, I give him props. lol. I'll stop with the sappy stuff, but needless to say, I love him. so much.

I got promoted! YAY! With the promotion comes more responsibilities (eek!), but I'm truly happy. I know the path my life has been on is a) unconventional, b) not what I thought, and c) hard to comprehend sometimes, but I'm so happy. This journey is so full of purpose. God is showing me that all things happen because He chooses it to be so. I can't wait for what else God has in store for me. (Sounds cliche and such "Jesus-jargon" but it is completely true.) Before this personal realization a few weeks ago, I was so into asking God why. I was so fixated on needing a reason AND knowing that reason. Now, I'm just letting God and being content. Looking at life this way is a) wayyy less stressful, b)makes me happy, and c)ultimately way better for me holistically.

I keep getting sick. Nothing major. I'm just sensitive to temperature change and lately the weather has no problem changing its mind ever so often. So with the weather change, I get sick every now and then. It's kinda annoying, especially cuz if it gets bad (like right now), I can't work out cuz I'm coughing all the time. I'm trying to be positive through it all. It's not a big deal, but it's a minor hiccup every now and then.

Lastly...

I created Simba an Instagram! (Cue the laughs, weird looks, and oh boys!) But I didddd. It's a little odd at first, but honestly, it's better to place all my love for him in one social media outlet so that people in don't get annoyed if I tweet or snap him too much. It's pretty fun and kinda entertaining, and I love it! Call me weird and crazy, that's okay. But if you wanna see and join the fun, add him @TheSimbaDiaries! :)

I think that's about it. Hope your summer has been great so far! We have one more month until it's officially Fall. I know right?! Time is passing by so fast! How crazy.

Until next time...
-Gardenia Rose

You Might Also Like

0 comments