Weekly Obsessions Wednesday: Late Night Segments.

Wednesday, October 07, 2015

I love how late night shows have evolved. They're more than just talking to celebrities across a table and essentially hanging out. The comedy and light-hearted laughter it brings is just so great! They have these segments that just kill my stomach from laughter sometimes, and I love it! I don't know if it's me that's getting old or they're getting with the times (I'm considered as a Millennial!), but either way, it's funny and I legit LOL.

With the exception of the The Tonight Show (#FalPal for life!), I don't DVR all the late night shows, but I follow them all on YouTube. Here's my favorites!

Show: Jimmy Kimmel Live!
Segment Title: Mean Tweets
Why: It's a pretty crazy way to show how cruel people are. I know that sound so wrong to say, but if you think about it, it's kinda amazing what people tweet because it's just a screen and they're not actually saying to their face. It's also pretty crazy that the celebrities can take it so well. People can be so mean, but at least they can laugh about it. Since Jimmy's season started again, he did this segment live. see it here:


Show: The Late Late Show with James Corden
Segment Title: Carpool Karaoke
Why: I LOVE THIS. James drive while he sings to the tracks made by the artist carpooling with him. So simple but SO funny. I have no idea why. There's been so many... from Mariah Carey to Justin Bieber, but my ultimate fave so far... STEVIE WONDER! So fun! See their Carpool Karaoke below!

Show: The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon (which rest of my faves will be from lol.)
Segment Title: SlapJack
Why: Okay. First of all. I'm a #FalPal, which basically I'm a Jimmy Fallon fan. I absolutely love this show. IT'S HILARIOUSSSSSSSS & he just seems like such a nice guy! Plus, THE ROOTS!!! (If don't know 'em, you're missing out.) In this segment, they play Black Jack, but whoever loses get a huge slap to the face by a prosthetic hand. It's just too funny. This is the latest one with Ryan Reynolds.

Segment Title: Lip Sync Battle
Why: Before it was its own show on Spike, this was (and still is) a segment on the show. I love when actors lip sync to a song you would NEVER guess they'd choose! They're sooooo many battles to choose from, but this is my ABSOLUTE favorite. I've literally watched this over 20 times and have still have laughed every time! Here's Jimmy's battle with the lovely, one and only, Emma Stone.

Segment Title: The Ragtime Gals
Why: We've already established that I'm an a capella fan, but add comedy to the mix and I'm done. like literally dead. It's like Dapper Dans meets Top 40. My fave so far is the one with Joseph Gordon Levitt. The song? B*tch Betta Have My Money. lol.

There's so much more, but that's all I can think of today! Do you have a favorite late night segment? Let me know! :)

-Gardenia Rose

You Might Also Like

0 comments