Weekly Obsessions Wednesday: New Music Edition!

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

There's SO much good music releasing left and right! I literally can't keep up! Thanks to Spotify & iTunes, I'm streaming & downloading all these jams & listening to them over and over again! So let's get started...


Song: Jinx
Artist: DNCE
Album: SWAAY - EP
I tweeted this last Friday and I can't stop listening to it! This is Joe Jonas' new band and I'm really digging their sound. They kinda remind me of a cooler Maroon 5 (sorry guys) with their awesome funk-pop vibes. Pop is killin' the game right now and I absolutely love it! Their EP released last week. There's only four songs, but even then, it was SO hard to pick just one. I love this song because it's sweet, but playful. It's not your typical love song, but it's completely relatable. It has a pretty eclectic hook, but I am full on diggin' it. If you're into that vibe, check it out on Spotify or purchase it on iTunes! It's less than $5! Other fave tracks on the EP? Toothbrush.

Song: Ref
Artist: Pentatonix
Album: Pentatonix (Deluxe Version)
I've ranted and raved about them SO much on my blog, but this is their first self-titled full out all original album and it's currently on repeat in my car! It give me good morning vibes when I'm going to work (or I'm stuck in traffic... womp). The deluxe version has 17 tracks on it so the difficulty of choosing just ONE song for this list was so real. I ended up choosing Ref cuz it kinda has this chill hip-hop vibe to it. Avi and Kevin really set up the track for success. And let's face it, Scott's sass comes through his voice like no other and I love it so much! My fave is still Avi with the "Ref, play it back"... bass sounds are just so sick. It's a choir nerd thing, but if you get me... you feel me. Know what I mean? lol. According to Billboard, this album is currently No. 1! (YAY PTX!!!!) If you haven't downloaded their album yet, you really should. Good music, real talent, and awesome vocals! What more can you ask for?! Other fave tracks on the album? Rose Gold, Sing, Na Na Na, Water, & Take Me Home. 


Song: Kill Em With Kindness
Artist: Selena Gomez
Album: Revival
Okay guys... I know the haters are real when it comes to her, but honestly, her new stuff is pretty good. Streaming it from Spotify, I picked this song because the message is just so positive and I absolutely love that. For her to literally grow up in the spotlight and try to keep it together and be positive is just... I can't even. Literally, mad props to this girl. Her album has a lot of dance tracks (Zedd influenced/inspired maybe?), but there's some smooth tracks on there as well. Other fave tracks on the album? Nobody & Same Old Love.


Song: Hello
Artist: Adele
Album: 25
She's baaaaack! I'm SO excited!!! Rumor Has It and Set Fire to the Rain were my jams from her 21 album, but it's been years since then. After her baby, now being in a relationship, and going through vocal surgery, she's back and better than ever. She mentioned during her interview with Ryan Seacrest that she can reach higher notes since her surgery (yay!), but she doesn't have stamina & vocal endurance do an arena tour yet... but maybe a few small venues here and there. I'm not gonna lie, this song kinda reminds me of Lionel Richie's Hello... but it's still so freaking good. You can pre-order her album now on iTunes for $10.99...which I know we all probably will.

Now, I leave you with her new music video to be mesmerized...



-Gardenia Rose

You Might Also Like

0 comments