Weekly Obsessions Wednesday: The Fall TV Newbies.

Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Fall TV is in full swing & I am a d d i c t e d ! Thanks to the combination of Hulu Plus, On Demand, and my DVR, I'm able to catch up on all these shows whenever and wherever! (Hulu Plus even has this commercial-free option & let me tell you, it's SO worth it!) I watch so many shows, but I gotta give a shout out to the newbies! It's their first season this Fall & if you need another show to get lost in, here's my favorite newbies!


Show: Quantico
When: Sundays at 10pm
Network: ABC
I am O B S E S S E D. This show is about a new FBI agent, Alex Parrish, played by Priyanka Chopra, who gets set up as a terrorist, & her guess is that it's one of her training classmates from Quantico. So many twists & turns, you gotta love it! I can't say much because it's so twisted that you just have to tune in & watch to find out! Oh, and the diverse cast is dreamy altogether. Like a really attractive melting pot of actors... maybe a younger version of the Grey's cast? well, in hotness. ANYWAY, my favorite has to be Priyanka (obvs) just because she just so GORGEOUS... not to mention talented and amazing. I know 10pm is a stretch when there's work the next day, but sometimes, Monday cannot wait. Yes, it's that good.


Show: Supergirl
When: Mondays at 8pm
Network: CBS
This show just started last week & even just with the first episode, I am in love! First of all, I'm a major super hero fan (DC Comics & Marvel... I don't discriminate lol), but to have a girl superhero show after all these years just pumps me up! This show covers girl empowerment like no other and to have Melissa Benoist play Cara is the perfect fit. It's been forty years since a woman superhero (superheroine sounds so weird... ) graced prime time television (the last was Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman in the 1970's) so with all these awesome shows like The Flash, Gotham, & Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., I'm so happy to have a girl in the front lines as well. Last week's pilot got more than 12 million viewers!!! So clearly there's more than just me on board.


Show: Blindspot
When: Monday at 10pm
Network: NBC
I know, another FBI show? But this one, has the element of shock and awe that makes it irresistible to watch and so easy to fall in the rabbit hole. The girl dubbed as Jane Doe was found in a double bag with her memory erased & tattooed from head to toe all at once. The major trip? All her tattoos are clues to crimes, murders, terrorist attacks that haven't occurred. To add an extra wrench into the mix, an FBI agent's name was tattooed on her back & may be linked to him in some form. The suspense! Jaimie Alexander plays Jane Doe and she more than fits the part. I'm not one to spoil, but let's just say she transfers some skills that she used while playing Lady Sif in Thor to this series and oh snap, you better get ready. 

If you're already into these shows, I wanna hear from you! Any shows I missed you think I should give a chance? Let me know! :)

-Gardenia Rose

You Might Also Like

0 comments