Weekly Obsessions Wednesday: Cheap Beauty Finds Edition Part Three.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

 




Fall starts tomorrow (so crazy!!!) so I figure I can let you in on a handful of cost-effective beauty finds that I've been really into lately! I've been finding that sometimes you really don't have to drop bills to get a great product. You just gotta do your research, or get lucky. lol. I know I've been out of the glam game, but now I finally have time to share so let's get to it!



NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick in Vintage

Source: ulta.com
This shade is perfect for the Fall season. It's a really deep plumish mauve (almost oxblood) color and it goes so well with light and dark skin tones. I'm such a fan of this shade. Since I practically wear black 5/7 days in the week, this will probably be my go-to color for the next couple months. Other season-friendly colors are Club Hopper (a deep & dark brick red), Brooklyn Thorn (a deep nude), and Alien, which is black, if you like to live on the daring side of the liquid lipstick life. Discover all the shades here and grab them at any ULTA store (or Target if you're lucky) for only $6.99!



ColourPop Cosmetics Brow Pencil in Dope Taupe

Source: colourpop.com
Thanks to my sister friends, I'm finally aboard the ColourPop bandwagon! We're so intense about it, we have a ColorPop group text going and we buy our products together so we don't pay for shipping. #Teamwork. What really got me extra sold on this specific product though is Desi Perkins' YouTube video on the affordable brow products she uses. She's my ULTIMATE fave MUA on social media for so many reasons (which I can't even begin to get into) & her brows are so A+ all the time, I had to give it a try. And honestly, thank God I did! This shade is so great to get that "natural" look for my skin tone and hair color, especially if I'm not wearing eyeliner. If I am, I pair this shade the with Black Brown Brow Pencil for extra *sass* you know? lol. All brow pencils are only $5 on ColourPop!



Yes To Tomatoes Blemish Clearing Towelettes

Source: ulta.com
I have personally fallen in love with the Yes To brand. I specifically love the Say Yes to Tomatoes line because it's all about clearing acne and keeping your face blemish-free, which is what I need! When I wear more than just mascara, foundation, and blush (aka my "weekend face"), I need more than just my eye makeup remover and cleanser to wash the day off my face. After I remove my lashes and contacts, I use these towelettes before I wash my face with my cleanser. There are some wipes I don't like out there because they leave my face feeling gunky and oily. This one keeps me feeling fresh and ready to turn in for the night. It's only $5.99 at ULTA or at Target.



Physicians Formula 2-in-1 Correct and Cover Cream
 
Source: ulta.com
I went to ULTA to stock up on my green concealer because I was out (I usually get the NYX one) & almost all the green ones were sold out in different brands! I guess it was the time that color-correcting became a huge thing, so I asked one of the consultants there and she helped me find this one. Now, besides their bronzers, I'm not really into their stuff, but I love this duo! I use the green concealer for the blemishes with red tones and the light side to highlight and conceal the under eyes and my forehead. Grab this at ULTA for only $8.99.



Say Yes to Coconut Naturally Smooth Lip Balm

Source: target.com
I bought this at Target on a whim because the seasons are changing and my lips are drying! lol. I've only had it for a week and half, but I'm loving it so far! With all the liquid lipsticks I've been using, my lips could use some moisture and love and this is it. It doesn't leave waxy texture on my lips and goes on really smooth, but not too smooth where I look like I'm wearing extra-shiny vaseline. It's like (shea) butter, baby! ;) Get this at Walmart or Target for $2.99.


Hope you found something new to try! Have a cheap beauty find you want to share? Let me know!


Stay beautiful, inside and out. :)
-Gardenia Rose

You Might Also Like

0 comments