The Verse that Slapped Me in the Face.

Saturday, October 25, 2014

yeah really. when I read it, I was like... yup, I better pay attention to this. so here it is.


what is the Bible telling me when I read this?

I need to be nicer. I need to be less exclusive. I need  to make friends with people, even if I don't have anything in common with them. Don't think that you're "too good" for anyone. and that last verse doesn't need translation... don't think you know it all.

I came across this verse and it just struck me. Lately, God has been opening my eyes to things about myself that I can improve so that I can be a better person. it's hasn't been an easy task and it takes a lot of patience within your own self and grace from God. I am fully aware I'm not the kindest person nor am I the most humble human. So I'm trying... trying to be kinder, trying to be more humble. 

I can feel God stretching me. He's working in me. I know that he's preparing me for something. I don't quite know what that is, but I want to be ready or at least try to be. I know I'm a fully flawed human being, but through His grace I can stand. God says, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness" (2 Cor. 12:9). So I'm doing just that. I'm allowing his grace and his power work through me so that I can be a better version of myself.

I need to be less judgemental towards others and be more forgiving. I need to love them regardless of their past. I need to see past their attitudes, and be kind to them anyway.


I just gotta keep working on the best version of myself that I could possibly be, love others... so I can truly see how much God loves me. 

-Gardenia Rose







You Might Also Like

0 comments