Weekly Obsessions Wednesday.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I always love when Scott and Mitch aka Scömìche of Superfruit (who are also 2/5 of Pentatonix, an AWESOME a cappella group) talk about what they're obsessing about that week, so I'm claiming Wednesdays as Weekly Obsessions Wednesday! Here's this week's obsessions...


Taylor Swift's Target deluxe pop album, 1989

It's literally so good. I must admit, I miss her acoustic guitar, but the beats and the melodies make up for it. I love her approach to moving forward in her music and I'm so happy that her fans are following her into this transition, me included! My favorite tracks right now are I Wish You Would, Out of the Woods, Wonderland, and Bad Blood. Bad Blood is my ultimate fave cuz the beat just makes you wanna...

Source: nbcthevoice.tumblr.com
I love the Target deluxe version because of the voice memos! As an occasional songwriter (we'll get to that later. ;)), I appreciate that she takes time to let you see her songwriting process and how different they can be. It also shows she can actually sing so the haters can shut it. I pretty much blast this whole album to work and back. Traffic doesn't even seem horrible as long as I'm listening to this girl. MAD LOVE FOR SWIFTY.

Green Juice

Now I know to MOST people, that sounds totally gross, but I am so into making these babies right now. There's many ways to make a green juice, but here's what I usually put in mine.

-1 large kale leaf (I take the leaves out of the stalk cuz the stalk kinda makes it chalky)
-A handful of baby spinach
-1 green apple
-1 pear
-1 cup of unsweetened almond coconut milk
-1 banana (to thicken it up!)
-1/2 teaspoon of agave nectar (for sweetness)

Then blend it all up! I like to add 1/4 teaspoon of chia seeds after blending for the omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, and antioxidants. My mom started doing that to her blended drinks and recommended it to me. Occasionally, I'll add a couple strawberries and/or blueberries for kicks. I like drinking these after workouts because they are just full of everything you need replenished. If I end up using it as a meal supplement, I put some protein powder in there and call it a day.


Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
Source: sephora.com
I know it's been around for while, but I haven't gotten around to purchasing it until a few weeks ago. My previous go-to palette was the Naked2 palette, but it was getting too bulky for me to carry around all the time. I also needed a matte palette that doesn't make my eyelids shine bright like a diamond. Not that it would be bad, but sometimes you just need more color and less shine. With highlighter and a translucent powder, a matte blended shadow is just what I need to balance that out. Because I'm not a makeup genius, I obvs need help. For well blended eye looks, I started a naked basics palette board on my Pinterest!


Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel
Source: sephora.com
For me, THIS IS LIFE. I have such weird and unruly eyebrows that they need some serious taming! After getting my brows reshaped by Emily at Brow Envy in Santa Ana, she recommended that I just use powder to fill in the small patches and use a clear gel to tame my crazy hairs. Emily said that the Anastasia Beverly Hills brand works like a charm and she is absolutely right!


Ice Cream Macaron Sandwiches

I had my first ice cream macaron sandwich at the OC night market on a Sundate with my husband, Lorenzo. Dolcissimo Bakeshop was there and I just could not resist. But oh my stars, it was SO worth it. I had the cap'n crunch and it was glorious! One thing about me is that I'm such a foodie (that's why I gotta workout to eat what I want!) and I love a really delicious dessert and what a delicious dessert it was! I haven't been able to visit their actual shop in Chino Hills, but I hope I get to soon!
So that's my weekly obsessions! :)
-Gardenia Rose



You Might Also Like

0 comments