Weekly Obsessions Wednesday: Cheap Beauty Finds Edition.

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Happy July everyone! It's been two weeks since I've blogged! I know I said I would more, but I didn't. (Sorry!) I looked back on my blogs and I haven't done a #WOW blog in since JANUARY. So we gotta change that right now! Here we go...

Sooooo I'll admit it. I want to spend $500 at Sephora. But let's be realistic, I can't and shouldn't spend $500 at Sephora... at least not all at once. (Although I always walk out with more than what I need!) So when the price is in play or I need a quick fix, I visit Target or CVS and buy these babies!

Miracle Gel by Sally Hansen
This stuff is GENIUS! I was a little skeptical about it in the beginning, but thanks to Allure's review, I tried it out and now I'm so about it! Okay, so I know it costs more than the regular drug store nail polish, but when it dries, it really is like a gel mani minus the UV rays! (which is the main reason why I rarely get a gel mani these days.) It cost the same as OPI polish, and you have to get the top coat on your first purchase, so it totals to about $20. But subtract the rays and multiply the amount of times you'll use it, and you've pretty much saved at least $200 in manicures! Of course you have to have a steady non-dominant hand (if you're right-handed, painting with left hand sucks... and vice versa), but if you've got that down, then you're set! I only have two colors so far, which is "sugar fix" and "street flair" which is the color above and what I'm rocking right now!


Concealer by E.L.F.
When I'm on the go and my face needs a little pick me up, I grab this baby make those tribal contour marks to highlight my face. I'm ALLL about coverage and this pretty much does the trick with a swipe and blend. I don't use it everyday, but when I do, people are like "you look so refreshed!" and of course I tell them it's all a facade (especially with the party planning for my dad, then sister, then Zion... you get the picture) and it's just makeup magic. lol. Either way, it works. At target, I believe it's about $3? So not bad, not bad at allll.

Colorstay Liquid Liner by Revlon
This is another buy and try that came recommended by Allure. My usual go-to is the Stila Stay All Day Liner (which I raved about in another #WOW here), but I was in a rush was doing my makeup in the car on my way to a debutante ball and realized I was out. The tragedy, I know. I made my husband pull into a CVS so I could get this and it works like a charm! The applicator makes it so easy to achieve that vicious cat eye and it's only $8!

Soft Matte Lip Cream by NYX
This thing I purchased on a whim. I needed something matte, but nothing bright or dark, and I stumbled on this. From what I saw on Pinterest, people liked it, so I decided to give it a try and ended up loving it! I only have it in the shade "Istanbul" which is the color above, but it goes doesn't go on as light as it seems. I'm actually wearing it in the picture below! It glides on nice and smooth. The only con is that it can dry up uneven if you don't prime your lips so don't forget to use lip balm and/or primer! It's typically $6 at Target.

Glamour Lacies by Ardell Lashes
There's not much to say about fake eyelashes aka falsies except for my love for them. Since I have small eyes, these bad boys make it so I don't look like I'm squinting or sleeping all the time. lol. Especially when I smile, my eyes disappear so these help! It also just makes me feel pretty. It's a thing. Anyway, these are my drug store go-to! There's SO many types, but these are one of my faves. If I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty much wearing these ones in all pictures on my previous post. They're glam, but not heavy so I can wear them all day. They're come out to $6-$8 a pop? Depending on the kind you get.

And that's that for this #WOW! xx
-Gardenia Rose

You Might Also Like

0 comments