Weekly Obsessions Wednesday: Part Three.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

You already know the drill. ;)
Urth Caffé

I love this place. I'm obsessed with their japanese green tea latté and d'lox pizza. I don't visit the place often enough because it's not near me. so no matter how hard I try, I always get the same thing. It's just so good, I can't help it! The d'lox pizza is made of mascarpone, smoked salmon, fennel, red onions, arugula, and capers. (YUM!) The green tea latté is with made with matcha green tea and soy (upon request). I've only been to the Pasadena location, but the ambiance is beautiful and perfect for fall. Outdoor chandeliers & ceiling tiles are among the decor. Urth is the perfect place to catch up with girlfriends or even for a first date!

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
Source: stilacosmetics.com
In the world of liquid eyeliners, this is one of the best. This liner is pretty much the sharpie of all liners. Once it's dry, it stays all day (ergo the name) and I love that. For foolproof smudge-free night, I dab eye primer on my on my lids and it literally is like a sharpie to the face! It's perfect for a bold cat eye look. The regular size is usually $20, but it's definitely worth it. Purchase it online here.

EveryMove App

I love this app for the sole purpose of donating by working out. For every workout, depending on the type and the duration, you earn points. You can either use your points toward a discount off of a selected coupon or you can donate $1 to a cause. It's linked to my RunKeeper app, so I don't have to manually input my workouts and the info just feeds on through. I just recently earned a reward (see above) just simply for working out! It's also another way to motivate you out of bed and into the gym so that you earning points towards your reward.

Lorde's Yellow Flicker Beat reworked by Kanye West

In attempt to mix up my musical faves on this week's WOW, I selected this sick track. Reworked by Kanye West, Lorde's Yellow Flicker Beat makes eerie look cool. The concrete beat fuels the sound, like a man running in slow motion as the ground burns or heroine with hair flying the wind. It's quite fitting that it'll be on The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part I soundtrack, along with other sick tracks. View the soundtrack list here. Have a listen and let the music take your mind elsewhere. If you're on a mobile device, click here.

Taylor Swift's Blank Space Music Video

I know you're like "Omg, this girl can't get enough of Taylor!" And you're absolutely right, I really can't! Her genius mind and uniqueness continues from this song to this video. She was on On Air with Ryan Seacrest and she introduced this song as the track that sums up what the media depicted of her and her love life. Being labeled as a "serial dater," she one ups the media and labels herself as a straight serial boyfriend killer. By making this song and music video, she basically doesn't let what they said about her get her and she spins out to a hit and a crazy awesome video that all us Swifties are pretty much trippin' on.

P.S. In a world of conformity, I'm such of fan of artists who just procede to do their own thing because it's who they are and they choose not to be anything different from that. Artists like Taylor Swift and Lorde embrace their quirks and oddness and just do what they do best & that is make awesome music for the rest of the world to enjoy and sing at the top of their lungs in the car while in traffic... like I do. :)

And that'll have to do for this week's #WOW!

-Gardenia Rose

You Might Also Like

0 comments