Feel Good Friday.

Friday, February 12, 2016


I saw this idea on BuzzFeed and thought it was really cool. Since I'm on this positive kick of life, I figure I would keep it going by trying to do this at least every other week as part of my open book diary. Feel Good Friday is basically a gratitude list. Sometimes I get so caught up that I forget exactly how blessed I truly am. So in doing this, it'll keep me in a thankful attitude, even with the little things.
  • Worked out three times this week. (And maybe one more time tomorrow?) I'm really trying to make it a lifestyle change. It is most definitely not easy, but it's a conscious step towards the right direction. I'm living that 80/20 life forsure because I legitimately love food. (If you've seen me take a scrumptious bite, there's a dance with it... yeah, I love it that much. lol.) But as long as I try to do my best with working out and eating healthy, I can still indulge without the guilt!
  • Worked four days this week. YAAAAAAS! My company celebrates Presidents' Day the Friday prior to the weekend versus Monday so I have today off! :)
  • Lorenzo got his Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering. Woohoo!!! Last week was his final week of classes. He got an A on his test (that's my man!) & now he's all done! He doesn't want to walk for the graduation ceremony (is that a guy thing?) and doesn't want a party (which is hard for me not to do), but I'm respecting what he wants. I'm just happy and proud of him. So this is my way of sharing that.
  • Lots of one-on-one dates this month! I love hanging out with my girls, but I don't get to all the time because there are literally so many things to do! But since I've made a point to be more purposeful in the friendships that I do have, I love setting aside the time (because I'm a planner) to catch up with people beyond the surface that is social media. There are some people that I only see a handful of times a year, but I'm thankful for those friendships.
Do you have a gratitude list? If you don't, make one! There's so many things to be happy and thankful for!

-Gardenia Rose

You Might Also Like

0 comments