Weekly Obsessions Wednesday: Apps I Use (Almost) Everyday.

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

So I know that I've been slacking off in blogging, (sorry!) but to start February, here's this year's first #WOW! One of my goals I mentioned in a previous blog was personal organization. And if you're like me, you need assistance with everything. Now with the help of apps, life can be a little easier.

Google Keep


If you have a google account and you're a fan of lists like me, this is where it's at. Google's slogan for this app is to "save what's on your mind," and it really does. It's basically the Notes and Reminders app all in one place. Google Keep shows everything, which the others didn't do, and as they say, out of sight, out of mind. The great thing about it is that you can input this list on your computer or tablet and view or edit it on your phone... or even better, place a check mark to your accomplishment. (Is it me or is there nothing more satisfying that placing a check mark on a list?) You can even add pictures to your list or notes for details, and if need be, share with someone else via email. I think the best part is the syncing feature. That was my old problem. I'd have lists everywhere, and I would either forget where I put it or forget I even had it... and that's how things fell through the cracks. But I'm legit getting things done with this app and I love it!

Google Docs & Sheets


I know I talked about Google Keep already, so I wanted to group these two together. My reason for choosing these over Pages and Numbers by Apple? The syncing capability! By replacing Microsoft Word with Google Docs and Microsoft Excel with Google Sheets, I'm able to view and edit on the same form from my iPhone, iPad, or computer. Basically, syncing all my data makes me more productive at the end of the day. Microsoft Office lets you do this with your phone and tablet, but you'd still have to email it to yourself to load it to your computer. Plus, the have a monthly fee if want to be able to edit your documents, otherwise you'll only get to view them. These apps let me update my family expenses, take notes in meetings, and share documents from whatever device I'm on. If you're thinking "oh she must be an all-Google-everything kind of girl"... I actually I'm not! Which bring me to my next app...

Waze 


This map app is awesome! I know it's been out there for awhile, but I actually prefer this app of Google Maps (shocker, I know.) and Apple Maps. I love that this map is so interactive! It gives you updates on accidents, police, and even just objects on the road. It always show my ETA, bright and readable, and I never have to do a double take of Huh? Where am I going? kind of thing. It also has a feature where it automatically switches the map scheme from daylight to night for best view, depending on sunrise and sunset, which helps so your screen is blaring white at night. I even love that you can even add a little personality to your map! You can change the arrow to the car of your color or the color scheme of the map.

BlogTouch Pro



I know this is not exactly a personal organization, but I really love it! I was searching for the best iPad app for Blogspot and found this gem! I feel like it's better than the Blogger app because the interface is so easy to use. You're able to add more detail in your editing and post photos and links right then and there. It also has an offline feature, where I can still prepare a post and save it to the app without wifi, and load it later on, which I use A LOT. (I'm actually using it right now!) I think it was $5 at App Store? So that's not bad at all!

Do you have apps you use to keep yourself organized? Share the love and let me know!

-Gardenia Rose


You Might Also Like

0 comments