Weekly Obessessions Wednesday: Part Two.

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

#WOW ;)
Okay, here we go!

Luca Bella Fine Foods

I went to Luca Bella Fine Foods for lunch to celebrate a recent engagement. (Congrats Monica!) It was a lovely day so we decided to sit outside. Located on The Avenue of the Glendora Village, it was a perfect place to lunch and chat. I ordered the cauliflower soup and the oven roasted turkey panini with hot green tea. Now I know what you're thinking. Cauliflower soup? But honestly, don't knock it until you try it. I was a little hesitant to order, but decided to do so anyway... and it paid off! This is soup is like a less guilty chowder! I loved every bit of it. The panini was scrumptious. The sandwich had sliced turkey with "crispy bacon, sliced tomatoes, ripe avocado, baby arugula, basil aioli on foccacia." (Stole it from the menu because we all know I wouldn't remember that. lol.) The tea came with adorable little teapots and the lunch portion of my soup and 1/2 sandwich order was the perfect size. On top of the food being on point, the service was great! They were polite and always checking up on us, which I found really nice because when you sit outside, it's easy to get left out. If you're ever near Downtown Glendora, make sure to pay a visit to this lovely place!

Diivinity Statement Necklace

I am SO obsessed with this borderline gaudy necklaces aka the statement necklace. This one in particular is my favorite one that I own. I purchased this necklace from diivinity boutique last week and I've worn it four times already! It's perfect for the upcoming holiday season. It can be worn with a simple sweater, jeans, and boots or used to accent a classic LBD. Either way, I'm in love. Diivinity is actually having a sale right now until December 20th. (I KNOW. YAY FOR SALES!) Go to @diivinity on instagram for details. :)

Face Complexion Brush
Source: sephora.com
I purchased a complexion brush on a whim while at Sephora a few weeks ago and I've grown to absolutely love it. I have no idea why I wasn't using it before! I didn't want to pay $100 or so for a brush, so I grabbed this pink number at Sephora for only $7. (It's also available in purple.) You gotta do your own circling movement and all, but it totally works! I just a nickel-sized amount of cleanser on my finger, tap on the north, south, east, and west of my face (you know what I mean), and then proceed to do the circling motion all over my face. Your cleanser will get more foamy than usual, but that's normal. I use it after a workout or after a day of wearing powder or foundation. I can honestly say that my face feels smoother since I've been using it and highly recommend it!

RunKeeper App

Since I started working out on a more consistent basis, I am utilizing this app now more than ever. Think of it as... the Facebook for workouts. You add friends, you post pictures, you write notes, you "update your status"... but it's all about your workouts. The one thing that I know can bug people is the constant "Oh look at me, I'm working out!" and it floods all of your feed. Your Instagram, your Facebook, your Twitter, and whatever else are all feeds of workouts. I tryyyy not to do that. The most you'll publicly get from me is me complaining about getting up early to workout on Twitter (I hate it, but I still try to do it.) or a snap of what I'm doing for less than 5 seconds. Beyond that, I try not to post every single run or walk, or every time I weightlift or circuit train, because that would get annoying. RunKeeper is specifically for workouts and so I have no shame of posting what I did. It helps me keep track of my workouts to see how much hours I've put in that week and to keep myself accountable. I've basically turned RunKeeper into my workout journal and it's really helping stay focused and consistent with working out! It also can GPS track your walk/jog/run so you can just put your headphones on and enjoy the outdoors! I can really go on and on about it, but I'll save you and won't, but if you want a little accountability in working out for yourself, get this FREE app!

Superfruit's 1989 Medley

As I've mentioned before, Superfruit is just amazing. They've done this for Bey's album and they're doing it again for 1989! Their voices are just insane and I appreciate their awesome talent. As roomies and besties, they're able to be in tune with one another and gel their voices so beautifully. I won't go on, because you just need to hear it. Click on the video or if you're on your phone, click here. Enjoy!

And that concludes this week's #WOW! Happy hump day!

Source: tumblr.com
-Gardenia Rose

You Might Also Like

0 comments