Sweet Spots.

Thursday, January 22, 2015

So I'm known to have a sweet tooth. A major one. (Doesn't every girl?) With my fitness journey, I definitely can't eat at these places all the time, but every good girl deserves a treat every now and then. (Amirite?) There's blogs that love to focus on the extremely popular Los Angeles spots that have such delicious goodies, so I wanted to do something different. Here are the underdogs that deserve a little spotlight for doing dessert right. Here's some of my favorite sweet spots.

Dolcissimo Bakeshop
Where: 13855 City Center Drive, Chino Hills, CA 91709
What: cupcakes, cakes, cake pops, macarons, ice cream macaron sandwiches, cannolis, cheesecakes
My Ultimate Faves: cap'n crunch macaron ice cream sandwich (below) & the nutella macaron.
Why: Umm... ICE CREAM MACARON SANDWICHES. Need I say more?! They have so many awesome flavors that I have yet to try. They're definitely not around the corner, but every bite is worth the drive.


Paris Baguette
Where: 5307 Beach Blvd., Buena Park, CA 90621
What: cakes, pastries, macarons, bread
My Ultimate Faves: rose macaron, blueberry cream cheese cronut (below), & pineapple pastry.
Why: This is my favorite location because it's so tiny and there's hardly any lines! I always come here on the way home for church on Sundays. Their macarons are my guilty pleasure, but hey! NO REGRETS!

Sprinkles Ice Cream
Where: 952 Avocado Avenue, Newport Beach, CA 92660
What: cupcakes, ice cream, cookies

My Ultimate Fave: red velvet cupcake with red velvet ice cream (below)
Why: Okay, so this one is a little on the famous side of the hipster life, and I don't really come here often since it's not exactly near, but it's so delicious. TBH, I've never gotten anything besides red velvet on red velvet so I only have one fave, but it's so good! They also do cookie ice cream sandwiches and have red velvet waffle cones!

Cheesecake Factory
Where: 321 W. Katella Ave. #100, Anaheim, CA 92802
What: CHEESECAKESSSSSS.
My Ultimate Faves: fresh strawberry, ultimate red velvet, & oreo cheesecake.
Why: WHY NOT?! it's cheesecake. I narrowe my favorites to three, but I love a LOT of them. They're so delicious! I know it's a cliche to have the TCF on this list, but I love their cheesecakes so much!

The Melting Pot
Where: 88 W. Colorado Blvd., 2nd Floor, Pasadena, CA 91105
What: chocolate fondue
My Ultimate Faves: flaming turtle (below) and yin & yang.
Why: WHY NOT?! it's cheesecake. I narrowe my favorites to three, but I love a LOT of them. They're so delicious! I know it's a cliche to have the TCF on this list, but I love their cheesecakes so much!

Try these places and let me know what you think! :) To see all the sweet spots I visit, add me on Yelp! :)

-Gardenia Rose

You Might Also Like

0 comments