Throwback Thursday: Before #TeamGardenZo.

Thursday, January 08, 2015

This will be the first of many... but the first #TeamGardenZo throwback goes to April 27, 2010. Before I even knew this man existed, I wrote this small excerpt on my Tumblr which I thought would be interesting to share. It was called... intrigued.

INTRIGUED …of what summer is going to bring. i’m honestly extremely excited of what’s gonna happen in the summer. the uncertainty of it all, i have come to embrace it. i don’t exactly know what this summer will entail (though i have a slight estimate), and i’m beginning to be okay with that. it’ll be crazy exciting with a range of emotions, i’m sure. but whatever it is, i’m so down. so my sweet summer, bring it baby. i’m ready as i’m ever gonna be.
Weird right? This was a month and half before I even knew his name and I was telling summer to "bring it"... well obviously, now we know summer full on brought the house down and introduced me to the love of my life. lol. The funny thing was... the "slight estimate" I was referring to, wasn't what played out, wasn't what I thought it would be.

Well, like the saying goes... you never know. ;) That summer I was committed to letting my past go, not knowing that it would bring me to my future. (cheesy, i know. lol. but so true!) The year prior to meeting Lorenzo I was on such a roller coaster with everything-  a boy, close friends, school and even family. There were just lots of things happening in my life and I knew I had to just let things go so I can move forward.

When I chose to let all the negative go... I opened my life to new possibilities ...and that's when I met Lorenzo.

to be continued...

-Gardenia Rose

You Might Also Like

0 comments