Weekly Obsessions Wednesday: Christmas Music Edition.

Wednesday, December 03, 2014

GUYS, CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE! 
Source: wordpress.com
I'm the kind of person that likes my holidays in order, so I don't like to listen to Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving. (I like giving Thanksgiving a time to shine, unlike retail stores, but let's not get into that.) I'm so excited for this roundup of my fives faves so let's get to it!

Pentatonix's That's Christmas to Me Album

Seriously, this WHOLE album is FREAKING AWESOME. I was a high school choir nerd so this hits the spot for me. But even if you didn't hang out in the choir room in your high school years, I definitely recommend this album to get you into the Christmas mood wherever you are. Their a Capella chops never cease to amaze me & it's just so glorious. My fave songs are Mary, Did You Know, Silent Night, Hark! The Angels Sing, and their newest music video, Dance of the Plum Fairy. View it here or watch below.


Musiq SoulChild's Oh Holy Night

I stumbled on this thanks to iTunes and fell in love. It's so different from most renditions because of that chill, reggae feel to it. Usually, this song is full of intense high notes, with someone (usually a woman) wailing throughout the whole thing, but this is just so soothing to listen to. Have a listen here or below.



Idina Menzel & Michael Buble's Baby It's Cold Outside

I've always loved this song, so I was thrilled when it was remade by two amazing voices of our time. Both have their own holiday albums, which are both great, but them together just creates a new classic. Even more amazing, they did a music video to this song with kid versions of themselves in a Gatsby themed scene. It definitely put the cherry on top of this sweet duet. Enjoy it here or below!


Justin Bieber's Mistletoe

I know, I know. Justin Bieber?! BUT I CAN'T HELP IT. Just with this song though. Love the beat and his smooth riffs are, let's face it, undeniably good. I'm not a fan of the music video, but just close your eyes and listen here. :)


Destiny's Child's Carol Of The Bells (aka Opera Of The Bells)

THIS. SONG. IS. IT. Honestly, if this wasn't your Christmas jam in 2001, it better be now. This timeless a Capella diva-esque version is just LIFE. I listen to this every year and I just get so into it! Love that there's just three of them and they bring it! I know it's mastered for their CD, but they do it just as sick live as well. Listen to CD version here or watch them kill it live here or below. Sorry for the bad quality. HD wasn't on national television yet. lol.



And that's my top five Christmas songs! I have a LOT more faves, but this would go on forever. I already cheated with putting the whole Pentatonix album so... whoops! lol. Hope you guys enjoy my list. Tweet me some of your faves if you want or comment below!

Merry Christmas everyone!
-Gardenia Rose

You Might Also Like

0 comments