Love... does not envy.

Monday, February 16, 2015

It's so easy to be envious. It's so easy to want what you don't have. Easy to think you need something you don't have.

With Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, & Snapchat, you get to see what everyone's up to, what they have, what they're doing, what they're eating, and where they're going. With all these images, if you're not careful, you can become so envious that it's unhealthy. And that's not love. You grow jealous of their materialistic things, or their success, or their endeavors, that you (in some sort of way) spite them. And just like that little green monster... it grows. The spite turns into dislike... and evolve into hate.

I say this... I know this... because I've been through it. I go through it. (As is in, yes, it still happens.) We girls have this horrible habit... well at least I do/did. (I kinda explained my thoughts on that here.) And if I'm not careful, it can take hold of me. The only difference is now... I catch myself. I literally check myself before I wreck myself. (insert snaps here.) I make sure I'm heart is in the right place. I stand back and ask myself... Do I want that because she has it? Am I trying to get it before she does? Do I actually need it? I know those questions are more geared to the materialistic things, but you know what I mean.

Being in this self-betterment journey, I'm learning one major thing.
Yup. It's amazing what can happen when you choose to be happy. When you choose to be content with yourself and happy for others. (That's another level, but I promise it can be done!) Emotions can be a choice when you have self-control. The beautiful part is that God wants that for us. You know, to have self-control. He gives it to us as a gift, (Galatians 5:22-23) but because of free will, it's up to us to use it.

"But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that." -1 Timothy 6:8 (NIV)

-Gardenia Rose

You Might Also Like

0 comments