Throwback Thursday: The Beginning of #TeamGardenZo.

Thursday, February 05, 2015

That's what they call us. I think Jea or Cea (Camille), the clever e-sisters, were the ones who coined the term. I decided to write this now because i'm on an extreme high... off of love, that is. Some might say that's cheesy, sappy, gross, and whatever else they can think of, but I really am.


I am so madly in love with my husband.

I truly am. He's such an amazing man and I can't believe he's mine. He's not perfect and neither am I, but he's really awesome. He provides for our little family and does his best to keep me happy. (happy wife, happy life right?)

Now, some people say, "Ohh, that must be that newlywed thing" or something along those lines, but honestly, we're just like this. I'm an overly affectionate person and I like to show it. No, we're not going to make out in front of you, but you are gonna know we're in love. We're cuddly. We're close. We love and we love hard.

We both have fierce personalities. He's like fire and so am I... but that's nothing new. It's been like that since day one.

Our first date was at Downtown Disney. We watched a comedy because it was the most light-hearted thing out at the time. It wasn't the greatest movie, but we both didn't mind. We just laughed through the whole thing. After the movie, we just walked around, talked, and ended up hanging out there for awhile. We caught up talking about everything that we didn't even realize it was midnight.

He tried his smooth moves on me. He leaned forward. I leaned back. I said no. He said okay. I told him I couldn't kiss him. I had a horrible habit of going too fast and I just couldn't do it again. Mycah also told me that no matter how hot he is, don't kiss him. At all cost. So, I didn't and he didn't push the issue. (Later on he actually told me that not kissing him on the first date made him see that I wasn't just another girl. He knew I was different. He also told me that me being hesitant and taking things slow let him know that I've been hurt before and he was understanding about that.)

Needless to say (and obviously) the date went really well. I left with butterflies and this funny nervous feeling. Like the oh-my-gosh-am-I-really-doing-this feeling. (I was 21 and he was 18 and fresh out of high school that summer. sooooo yeah.) Ten days following our date, I wrote this rhyming thought on my tumblr.

i'm jumping in and I don't care what people say.
if this doesn't work out, i hope i'll be okay.
but something tells me I have to try,
because i can't go on and let you and life pass me by.

And that's exactly what I did. I asked him if we can exclusively date and see where this can go. :)

t o   b e   c o n t i n u e d...

This weekend we're celebrating our 2nd "halfsaversary"! :) If you're wondering what that is, it's the halfway mark of our wedding anniversary. Now I know that sounds horrendously cheesy, but we figured it's better to celebrate Valentine's Day a week earlier and add a deeper meaning to it. So we go out to dinner the week before, hang out, and celebrate. Then on Valentine's Day, we stay in, order food, play video games, watch movies, and pretty much be teenagers again... young & in love.

Lorenzo & I on March 2011.

Still young & in love,
-Gardenia Rose

You Might Also Like

1 comments