Working On My Fitness: Walking with Simba.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

If you follow me on Snapchat (add me! @gardeniarose) or have me as a friend on RunKeeper, you'll see I take my little pomeranian out for a walk often.
(sorry for the poor quality. eek.)
Simba is less than five pounds (don't let that fur fool you!) but he's keeps up pretty well!

Before having this little guy in my life, I was all about the treadmill. I hated the consistency (or the lack thereof) of the outdoors. I just wanted to get my mileage in the best time I could and be done. Then, came Simba.

At first he was fine being indoors, but at 5 or 6 months he started feeling too cooped up in the house and playing catch was no longer sufficient exercise for the growing munchkin, so we started walking. We started doing half a mile, then half became one, and now, he can do for two miles! He loves doing quarter mile sprints so we try to do at least four when time permits in the morning. 

My goal for him is to be able to hike with me. It's a lot for a little furball, but he's getting there. Knowing that he won't tear up the house when he walks a good mile or so helps push me to wake up early so we can walk together. Somehow, this rascal keeps me accountable. And that's wonderful. :)


Keep working, keep walking.
-Gardenia Rose

You Might Also Like

0 comments