"Lovely as a Gardenia, as Mystical as a Rose."

Friday, February 13, 2015

A few days ago, I was mistakenly tagged on an Instagram post by a random person on a random profile. My Instagram handle is @gardeniarose and the account she was referring to was @gardeniarose_. Easy mistake.

Out of curiosity, I decided to look up the profile who mysteriously had a similar handle to mine. I thought to myself... could someone actually have the same first and middle name as me? After a few minutes of hesitating, I just wanted to know and so I asked...



And it didn't take her long to reply! I loved her explanation (this is kinda why I'm sharing this). She said...


Amazing right? Her explanation caught me so off guard... in a wonderful way, of course. To have your name be a description of someone's actual style (and have it be described in such detail and eloquently) is insane and amazing all at the same time! I just thought it was a wonderful social media encounter.

After being floored by her response, I quickly wrote back! 


Her actual name is Vanessa and she's beautiful. She has a great sense of style and a keen eye in fashion. (We even loved the same dress from the Grammys!) It's wonderful to meet people who can give you a different perspective and new view. So happy to have (sorta) met this lovely lady. It was, indeed, a mystical meeting.

Stay lovely.
-Gardenia Rose

You Might Also Like

0 comments